Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Year Ago

This Wednesday, my sweet doggie, Wraggs, passed away.  She is still missed by all of us in the house.  Her toys have all been packed away, I have no idea what to do with them really.  I think in the back of my mind, I am saving them for the next doggie that joins the household.  Not ALL of her toys are packed away.  Two of her favorite toys, the first two that I got for her,  a stuffed pumpkin and stuffed squash, are sitting next to her urn.  Her dog beds are still up and in used (cats do use dog beds.....)  I no longer look for her when I come home.  I do miss the long walks we had and our great conversations.  She was a great listener. 

This is one of my favorite photos of her. 

No, this is not sad, this is nice remembering her. 



Oh, get this....Mom was on the couch reading the Sunday paper when Robin came in and tapped her on the shoulder and proceeded to get on the couch with MY MOM!  And Mom let him!  This is big for Robin, he doesn't like to be touched or held so asking Mom for some attention was a big deal. 

The other heathens are heathens.  Mom will let them out on the patio when she gets home from that work place.  Except there is a small issue.  Louie and Hermie keep bringing in baby lizards and a few not so little lizards.  Mom rescues them all and doesn't scream anymore when she picks them up.  I guess if you deal with something long enough you get used to it.  Unless it is a heathen and then, NEVER!!!!!

I'm doing quite well.  I got lots of snuggles with Mom.  I got my special kibble.  And I got up on the kitchen table where there were leftover treats....and ate them.  yummy.  Mom caught me though, she heard me get up on the table and came to investigate.  There I was, caught red pawed!  I got down delicately and waddled back into the bedroom. 

 I must nap again.  I have to snuggle Mom all night and that is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment