Robin here. I have lots of things to be thankful for.
- Antidepressants. I"m not depressed but I have pee issues, bladder cystitis. My antidepressant makes it better for me to pee.
- Mom. She doesn't scare me so much anymore. Yes, she shoves a pill down my throat 2 times a day but she does it with love. I do make her chase me a bit first of course. I call it 'exercise'.
- Gravy. I only like gravy foods. I like to lick the gravy. I eat dry foods but the gravy is yummy. Oh and appetizers, the Fancy Feast kind. YUM!
- Home. I'm inside, safe and sound, with Mom, my brothers and that girl kitty Ellie
- My sex appeal. Oh yes, everyone wants me. I flaunt it too. When someone comes over to our house I will show them my gorgeous tummy and ask for rubs. Sometimes I even get them. Mom calls me a slut for tummy rubs. Yup, I am!
- Feather Toy. I can't jump as high as I used to but I still LOVE the feather toy. So much so that Mom locks it up from me. But sometimes I sneak into the closet and try to get it.
- Treats. Whiska's Dairy Treats and Friskies Crunch treats. I get some when Mom goes to work and then some more at bedtime. Sometimes I eat them too fast and then I upchuck them.
- Mom. Yes, she picks me up and cuddles me (I squirm) cause it is icky and she kisses me. But she is still a good hooman.
- Lizards. Spiders. Slugs. Yes, I love them all. And I bring them in the house. I do it out of love for Mom. She isn't a good hunter but I sure am!
- Thumbs. I have them and I do know how to use them when I want to. And it makes Mom giggle when she sees me walking on my tip toes (it is what it looks like to her)
- Lizards. Yeah, I really am thankful for lizards
- Mom. I get lots of snuggles from her. I don't try to get away like my brothers do. I LIKE the snuggles. She kisses me and hugs me and calls me her little Hermie Wormie.
- Home. I like living inside. I lived outside before I rescued Mom. It was scary. People yelled at me. I had babies and couldn't take care of them very well. I was hungry and sick. Then Mom came along and the rest is history.
- Mom. She is my heartMom. The day I found her, she was sad. She needed me as much as I needed her. Now that I have her I would never give her up.
- Food. Yes, I said it, I am thankful for food. I LOVE to eat my dry food. And I sneak and get some of Robin's kibble too. I don't tell Mom but I think she knows.
- Exercise. hahahaha, get real. I am so not exercising.
- Everything. I'm thankful for everything. I have a great home, a Mom to love, heathens to hate. What more could a kitty ask for!
- Home. It isn't just a house, it is a home. It feels right.
- Friends. I'm thankful for all of my friends. Those that I now in real life and those that I know online. You are all very special to me.
- Employment. Yes, I am thankful for employment. There are always pitfalls wherever you work, just have to learn to roll with the punches.
- Kitties. There, I said it. I'm thankful for my cats. I love all four of them. I cannot imagine not having all of them. I'm sad that I wasn't able to save gorgeous boy earlier this year but am glad I was able to help him be at peace.
This is probably 1977 or so. That is Mom next to her nephew Matt making the moose ears. You can see Matt's parents shaking their heads on the right there. And Grandpa has the plate full of turkey, he is REALLY thankful! Mom remembers Thanksgiving fondly from growing up. Grandma was an outstanding cook. The kitchen smelled wonderful and there was always lots of laughter at the table. Constant talking. Mom's been to friends houses for Thanksgiving....nothing is quite like the ones she remembers.
Well, our turkey is in the oven roasting. Mom has to make the dressing and broccoli side still. It is just us kitties and Mom which is fine by me. I will get some turkey even! I'll skip the sides thing. Those sound very icky.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Love and smooches,